"Notes" from the Field

Monday, February 16, 2009

The Beginning...

Hello DeCadence Fans!

So, finally, we have a blog! Thank you so much to David Spies, our webmaster and nifty bass, for putting this up.

As you can see from our website, we are a wily bunch of co-eds who sing a cappella music, duh! If you don't know what a cappella music is or haven't heard us live, check out this wiki article...

There is just so much wonderful "stuff" I would like to share with you fans, new and old, but unfortunately, I can't possibly share all our experiences from the last billion semesters we've been together. So, I start from now...basically this semester, Spring 2009!

So, what is ruling/rocking DeCadences' lives right now...

SPROULS:
(So...Sprouls, these are basically weekly performance we do on our plaza outside our student union...)
Last week, we had our Valentine's day Sproul, which was pretty awesome. Our theme was 'conversation hearts'. We each had our own heart with a nerdy/cute/sexy/mean message inside. I know for sure that we got people's attention. Some of our audience member's left with Valentine's they didn't have before...
And the best thing happened....
Last Wednsday was a cloudy day, and while Frannie Makabenta was singing her solo, Madonna's Like a Prayer, rays of sunshine came down upon DeCadence. It was pretty swell...

RECORDING:
So, we're recording a CD, which I'm sure many of you have realized by our announcements. I encourage all of you to donate towards upon which later we will send you a copy. Donations are $12. We've been recording diligently, while not losing sight of our immediate goal, ICCA's. So far, we've gotten through All These Things That I've Done and Dancing in the Moonlight! Here's some picture of us recording at Expressions in Emeryville, CA. (THANKS TO ANGELA FOR HELPING US!!!)

Also, mad thanks go out to Bryce, Trent (DeCadence Alums) and Jake for helping us with recording as well!

ICCA!!!!

It's almost here and we can't wait! I hope to see you all at the competition on Saturday. We've been working so hard towards it...and we can't wait to show everyone our hard work. I'm sure all of you are itching to hear our set (or not, it's okay if you're not...haha) but you'll just have to wait until this Saturday's ICCA (click here to learn more) Quarterfinals at Wheeler Auditorium on Berkeley's campus! :-P!

So, that's all folks. Check our list of upcoming gigs and join our ICCA facebook group! Hope to see you this Wed. on Sproul at 12p and on Sat. at Wheeler Auditorium at 7p.

~A Little DeCadence Never Hurts~
Peace,
Nevin

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

OpenID millertime said...

Why don't you guys record "Bitches ain't shit?" You guys do it amazing!!!!

March 8, 2009 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home